The Senior DB2 Systems Support Technician will provide DB2/Oracle systems programming support for SSA integration, training, acceptance, and production life cycles. The infrastructure maintained includes: DB2 subsystem across four life cycle environments, the installation and maintenance of software packages such as CA-Unicenter, Omegamon and QMF; 30 DB2 subsystems across four life cycle environments, the installation and maintenance of over 10 vendor software packages; Oracle architecture client/server databases for over 450 databases throughout SSA’s life cycle.
Senior Oracle and POSTGRES Support Technician to support The Social Security Administration.
This role will support the SSA’s Office of Systems Operations and Hardware Engineering (OSOHE) supports and maintains the Oracle Linux (OL) Operating System (OS), the Oracle Database Projects involving x86 Hardware, Oracle Virtual Machine, Cloud Services: system and 3rd party software. The Linux administrators that support this system can be located in the Perimeter East Building (PEB) in Baltimore, MD, or the Second Support Center (SSC) and Research Triangle Park (RTP) in Durham, NC.
– Bachelors’ Degree
– Minimum of 10 years combined support experience with Oracle, Oracle/VM, and Postgres in an on-prem or Cloud environment, Linux/UNIX servers, Oracle RAC, OID/OUD, OEUS, DataGuard, Oracle and Postgres troubleshooting, change management.
– Use Agile, Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins and other tools to facilitate task automation and version control and modern development environment practices.
– Experience with customer technical support and routing/escalating requests.
– Collaborate with support team members on solutions.
– Located within driving distance of either SSA building – Perimeter East Building (PEB) in Baltimore, MD or the Second Support Center (SSC) in Durham, NC.
– Ability to qualify for Public Trust Suitability.
– Hours and Location of Service Full-time support is required within a flexible band of 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays. However, individual schedules shall be set in response to the needs of the Government. After hours and weekend support will be required.
– The contractors are required to carry a cell phone and respond to SSA calls at all times